Friday, December 21, 2007

tagged again

What is in/on my

CD Player - a CD by a group called Pocket Full of Rocks

DVD Player - what's a DVD Player? ;) Who needs a DVD player when I have an 11 month old baby girl who loves her daddy?!

To Read List - (when I have time to read...) Glasser's Announcing the Kingdom: The Story of God's Mission in the Bible; Bauckham's Jesus and the Eyewitnesses; Oden's Pastoral Theology; Chapell's Christ Centered Preaching; Keener's The Spirit in the Gospels and Acts (among others)

To See List - my family over Christmas; there aren't really any movies of late that have compelled me to see them though I'd like to see The Bourne Ultimatum- though typically we are too busy with our daughter

Mind - I miss seminary and the friends there - how can we move Grand Canyon Assembly of God to the next level?: What does God want to do here (or what is he doing here) in the Canyon Village so we don't miss out?; It would be fun if our daughter starte walking at my perents house over Christmas; I miss my brother David (Nov 11, 1965-July 8, 2007).

May you all experience Advent Blessings!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger Bryan L said...

I thought Bauckham was pretty good and strangely faith affirming.
Have you read Keener's "Gift and the Giver"? Definitely one of the best and most balanced books on the holy spirit I've read from the Charismatic position.
BTW my daughter makes it pretty hard for us to watch movies (and forget about going to the theater). Just wait 'til you are watching a movie and you are deep into it and at the climactic scene your daughter walks over and turns the tv off or ejects the DVD. It happens more than I care to admit. : )

Blessings,
Bryan L

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Brian said...

I have his Gift and Giver and Three Crucial Questions about the Holy Spirit.

He will be speaking at aGts in January - if you keep your eyes open on their website (agts.edu) they will probably put his lectures up - I don't know what he'll be talking on though.

I have read about one chapter of Bauckham and have enjoyed it so far - just as I am getting into it of course my daughter usually needs something and I have to put it down - it can get frustrating

as to movies we usually have to wait until she's gone to bed and only then if we're not too tired ourselves.

 
At 12:20 AM, Blogger Nick Norelli said...

Hey guys,

Just wait until your daughters get older and you can bring them to the movies. There's nothing better than sharing a popcorn with your kid while watching some Disney flick. It's great fun!

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Bryan L said...

That's what I'm holding out for Nick. It's going to be fun times!

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Brian said...

Thanks for the heads up Nick, I do look forward to those days!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home