Saturday, December 15, 2007

2008 SPS Conference

I know my friend Sheryl (Dec 12th post) may not seem too keen on the upcoming SPS conference - but it looks to be a very interesting one this year especially since they have a speaker they have not had in the past - Professor Jürgen Moltmann of Tübingen University. Professor Moltmann is arguably the leading German Systematic Theologian in the world today and recently a Pentecostal! (I read his book The Way of Jesus Christ for a class in seminary on the Doctrine of Christ - you can see a review of it here). It's nice to know we have a scholar of his caliber on our side! (yes: the "us vs. them" is deliberate! - ah, come on guys!). I am happy to know as well, two of my friends with the initials R.B. will be there. One on a panel and one presenting! (I am quite envious to say the least!)

Ah well, what is a poor pastor (scholar wannabe) like me supposed to do??!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12:01 PM, Blogger Flint Cowboy said...

You might be interested in an interview with Moltmann on his 80th birthday, which I posted at ergebung.wordpress.com in brief installments with vocabulary helps.

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Nick Norelli said...

Awesome review. You should repost the whole thing on your blog. And I'm so glad to learn that Moltmann is a Pentecostal! We definitely need more intellectuals on our side! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home