Thursday, March 27, 2008

2 Timothy 2:19-24 (NRSV)

Read the passage below out loud. Let me know if you had to read a portion of it (or two) over again and which part. I want to see if I am not alone on tripping over a phrase (or two) in this passage. How might you smooth it out a little more?

Thanks,

(19) I hope in the Lord to send Timothy to you soon, so that I may be cheered by news of you. (20) I have no one like him who will be genuinely concerned for your welfare. (21) All of them are seeking their own interests, not those of Jesus Christ. (22) But Timothy's worth you know, how like a son with a father he as served with me in the work of the gospel. (23) I hope therefore to send him as soon as I see how things go with me; (24) and I trust in the Lord that I will also come soon.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, Blogger Peter Kirk said...

Just don't try to read out "Timothy's worth" after too much of our Anglican alcoholic communion wine!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home