Thursday, March 13, 2008

random

This video from comedy central is really wild! Just completely unbelievable really.

I am reading through one of John Stott's books The Incomparable Christ (IVP, 2001) and while it is a popular level book it it is a great read - to me at least. I was really happy when I read, "I am numbered among those who believe that Galatians was the first letter Paul wrote." Right on! I too am numbered among that crowed, as is one of my professors from seminary (most scholars contend the Thessalonian Correspondence was Paul's first). John Stott notes because of the issues Galatians deals with (Law (circumcision) and Grace (freedom)) it is interesting there is no mention of the Jerusalem Council - that circumcision was not necessary for Gentiles (among other issues) (Acts 15), which had Galatians been written after this event why would Paul not mention it for added authority? I would like to add too I think Paul passed through Galatians (I argue South Galatia) before he got to Thessalonica. It would make perfect sense that he would write to the Galatians first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home